Friday, April 5, 2013

Mt Koya Day Trip

Just thought I would share the fancy toilet with everyone haha Ben has been to chicken to try it but I gave it a go and wowzer it sure wakes you up! They are very modest here and when they go to the loo, it runs water in the toilet so that nobody can hear what you are doing! Not used to it yet and when I have sat down each time and I hear that noise, I think it's going to spray me already haha

Last night after dinner we went to a game place and Ben won me a little toy!!! It was totally with the 20 goes it took us and yes that is about $15 lol

Talk about a close call! We bought out tickets at 9.11am and the train wad due for a 9.15am departure - and these guys are never late!  Luckily the platform wad near us and we ran on the train after the lady checked or seating tickets (they have us 5 tickets each for this trip!)

I think I figured the 5 tickets out though: 1 is for the trip there, one on the way back, one for your seat, one is a receipt maybe and I think I read the other one as maybe a ticket for the cable car up to Mt Koya... Not 100% in that!

Their reasons are so nice here too! They have nice music for everything! Their trains have toilets, wide open windows and you guessed it - vending machines haha

The 1 and a half hour ride took no time at all and we made it to the cable car which took us up 850 metres I think to the top. Let me tell you it was a very steep ride!

A nice man with a clip board helped us get or tickets for the bus and we were in time to catch the next bus to the main area. Very beautiful place with lots of temples and shrines that are still standing after 1400 years!

We went to each end of the bus lines (there were 3) and saw the 'big gate' called Daimon and at the other end was the graveyard with over 200,000 graves, not just small ones in the ground but big ones made of stone everywhere! Some of them looked like they had been there the while time, covered in moss. It was cute to see little statutes with aprons on too!

Was funny at lunch, had issues trying to get the tea out of the container. A man and his wife saw us having issues and came over and showed us hour to use it... Had a good laugh XD

Needless to say I feel asleep on the way back for a bit haha

Last night:
Been was a good husband and won me a little blue guy - yes, it did cost us about $15 and 10 of the 20 goes lol

No comments:

Post a Comment